Taste Of Southern Goodness Cajun Recipes
Southern food is absolutely amazing. It is full of flavor and soul and is some of the best food ever. If you want to enjoy some great comfort food all you have to do is sit down to an amazing southern dish. Below is a great southern Cajun recipe for crawfish pie.
2 cups crawfish tails
3 1/2 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 chopped onion
3 tablespoons of butter
cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon of green onion
1 garlic glove
1 pinch of nutmeg
cup of tomato sauce mixed with water
4 tablespoons of corn starch
2 tablespoons of parsley
Four pastry lined pie plates
1. Cook celery, onion and garlic in cooking oil. Cook until tender. Dish out half the cooked mixture.
2. Add tomato sauce, water and crawfish fat into the cooked mixture and cook on medium.
3. When it begins to boil slowly add cornstarch and water until it thickens.
4. Season with nutmeg, thyme, red pepper and salt.
5. Remaining onion mixture to a saucepan and add crawfish tails and butter. Cook for 4 minutes.
6. Combine sauce, crawfish, green onion and parsley.
7. Add mix to pastry, fold edges together and bake for 5 minutes at 450 degrees.